Category Archives: Twitter
Join the Twitter Book Club!
“The Twitter Book Club occurs on the second or third Monday of the month. The live discussion is from 9 pm to 10 pm Eastern Time. The author of the book chosen for the book club usually participates in the twitter discussion as well.
At the end of each discussion, we ask for suggestions for the next Twitter Book Club selection and then open up a poll on this site to vote on which book to read next.”
Find out more here!
1. Ask for recommended books, products, or services.
3. Recommend a book, product, or service other librarians would be interested in.
4. Write a book list one tweet at a time, or link to a book list on the web.
5. Tweet about a useful resource on the web, a particular blog post, video, or web site.
6. Provide a daily tip like a word of the day, book of the day, random trivia, useful fact, or helpful resource.
7. Share new studies of interest to other professionals.
8. Celebrate timely events. Recognize author birthdays, Banned Books Week, and other events that affect your patrons.
9. Tweet about your library’s web site, blog, and/or podcast. Add a new tweet to let your followers know when you make updates.
10. Link to a book trailer or video booktalk you create.
11. Start a Twitter book club, and tweet your reactions to the book as you read.
12. Invite followers to an event (online or offline). Events can include library programs, book signings, talks, meetings, your online book club, webchat, etc.
13. Link to photos of your library and events.
14. Retweet someone else’s post that you found interesting.
15. Say thanks when someone retweets you or mentions you in their tweets.
16. Participate in #FollowFriday by recommending others people might want to follow.
17. Answer someone else’s general question, and reply to those who ask you a direct question @your_Library.
18. Schedule to meet fellow librarians at a conference, or organize a professional tweet-up in your area.
19. Make a personal connection with other librarians by sharing your favorite new book, video of the day, quote of the day, blog post, etc.
20. Ask others for their favorite posts, and reply with comments on their picks.
Read more here!
Change your Timezone to +3:30 Tehran and location to Tehran to help hide twittering Iranians #iranelection #neda